The Willow           RockMarquee (30K)
        Sit back with some popcorn and enjoy! This little movie will take you back to memorable music of the 1950's     To leave, click [Stop Movie] and EXIT

Willow-1947-RedStallion The Willow Movie Theatre was a 1947 movie theatre in Willowdale, Ontario on the east side of Yonge Street and south side of Ellerslie Avenue. At that time Willowdale was a growing suburb just north of Toronto's city limits. This area is now part of the North York region of Toronto.




    Click here to EXIT

The Willow was known for its modern architecture which featured a large block-glass entrance. Locals recall the around-the-block lines for its double-features, as it was one of the last Toronto-area theatres to run a double. It remained an independent theatre until its closure in 1987, when a Cineplex Odeon multi-screen was opened at Yonge Street and Shepherd Street about 2km (1.25 mi) south. The site is now a condominium.

1st picture below is a painting by Charles Dowson.   Vertical sign changed - Originally, it was more fancy.

1961 Elvis Blue Hawaii 1986 1987 Closed

Page design: R.Strathdee